Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 9-12: Italy

I love doing laundry. If you are around me very often you will find that laundry is one my favorite things to do… as far as work goes of course. When I was young and lived at home I would always choose doing laundry over cleaning or cooking and if it was nice outside it was even better because then I got to hang the laundry out on the clothes line. That was a common theme all over Europe. Clothes hanging out of windows, on balconies, over railings; basically anywhere they could get it out in the wind and sun. I thought it was beautiful. Like a bunch of colorful flags dancing in the wind.



We both loved Italy. Genova was our first city to visit in Italy and we found it to be a charming, interesting and friendly city. With delicious gelato and coffee of course.




Just about every time Brett went to plank somewhere I would implore him to be careful. He planked on every dangerous edge and cliff available.



Genova turned out to be a perfect place to do a day trip to the Cinque Terre which a lot of people had recommended us to visit. Strung along 18 km of serrated cliffs the Cinque Terre is one of Italy's treasures. These five villages - Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore - are cut off by mountains choked with olive groves and stone walled vineyards where farmers have eked out a living over the centuries.




























To see more photos: Genova, Cinque Terre, and Milan

No comments:

Post a Comment