Friday, October 19, 2012

Birds, Bellies, and Blankets in The Bahamas

Okay, for all of you who have been waiting to see what I look like pregnant, here it is….

This photo was taken at 31 weeks pregnant, with 8-9 weeks left to go.

I  have found that while not being what I would call fun, being pregnant has definitely not been as bad as I thought it would be. I am getting to the point where rolling out of bed takes a lot of effort and in 8 weeks I will be very glad to no longer have a big belly. Also, I have a new understanding of what it means to be kicked in the ribs. Ouch! This baby is really getting strong.

This next picture was taken at our church’s Sunday School Picnic which we attended on a neighboring island last week.  We had a great time.

I have been getting a lot of projects done this past week, but the one I enjoyed most was sewing a blanket for the baby. I absolutely love these colors and the blanket  is so soft that, if I wasn’t sweating all the time (yes, Minnesotans, it’s STILL hot here) I would want to cuddle up with it.

I spotted these anis birds in the backyard and had to run to get my camera before they flew away. There were four of them sitting quite cozily on this branch but, by the time I got the camera, one had moved to an adjacent limb.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I have been thinking of you guys, it is good to see a little snippet of how you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) <3 i am so glad you posted these wonderful pictures. They make me miss you less? nope. not at all.

    -becca beasley-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Susan! You look fantastic! In the picnic picture, you can't even tell you're pregnant! Congratulations. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete